Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Swatch: China Glaze Flying Dragon (Neon) with Sally Hansen Twinkle Twinkle

Hello all!

Hope everyone's having a great week so far. I've finally made a dent in the packing for uni! Miracles do happen!

Anyway, today I'd like to show you a polish from China Glaze's Ink Collection. This once is called Flying Dragon and is labeled a neon on the bottle. It is a very pretty purple with, it seems to me, a red undertone. The polish also has red and blue glitter, which I fear the pictures did not do a good job of capturing. (Cloudy today in my part of the world, so I wasn't able to try pictures outside.)

Like most people, I am a big fan of CG, and this one had been lying in my untried box for a while now. I'd tried its sister, Rose Among Thorns, a neon pink earlier in the summer and loved it, so I decided that it was Flying Dragon's day!

Application went well. I used two coats for this mani. I couldn't remember if Rose Among Thorns had the same finish, but it must have. The polish had a quasi-matte finish, which I really liked. By the time I'd finished one hand to move on to the other, the polish was soft-touch dry and already looked matte.

I wish I'd thought to take pictures of the polish as it was, but I didn't think I'd blog about it. I liked it a lot, but I decided to spice up the mani with a coat of Sally Hansen Twinkle, Twinkle (click for larger):



Twinkle, Twinkle is a great glitter from Xtreme Wear. It was a bit of a hassle to get the different glitters onto the brush, but the effect was worth it, I think. (Apologies for the practically non-existent cleanup.)


And a bit blurrier to show the glitter off (again click for larger!):



I was a tad unsure about the mani, but my boyfriend said it was one of his favourites from me in a while and the bank teller when I was making a deposit said she loved it! So I think this is pretty good.

Thoughts? Do you own Flying Dragon and/or Twinkle Twinkle? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment